Our Flagship Nursery
Early Explorers Nursery
We are very pleased to be growing our Scholars International Academy (SIA) provision by opening the new Early Explorers Nursery!
We emphasize on child-initiated, experiential learning.
At Early Explorers, play is essential for children’s development, building their confidence as they learn to explore, relate to others, set their own goals and solve problems.
We have ensured that all our resources are easily accessible and at the child’s level, allowing them to enjoy and explore independently. Alongside an inviting reading corner, our learning environment is also as language rich as possible, with children surrounded by stories, poems, songs, and rhymes that introduce and reinforce new languages while instilling a love for reading.
Our goal is to create a space where your child feels comfortable and relaxed, and we encourage you to bring in pictures of your family and pets to help them feel a sense of belonging. Our staff is dedicated to ensuring that every child feels loved and secure. As Te Whariki says, “Feeling that they belong contributes to well-being and gives them the confidence to try new experiences.”
Our Toddlers Programme is focused on nurturing children’s confidence through a creative and interactive journey. As per the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework 2021, play is essential for children’s development as it helps them explore, relate to others, set goals and solve problems.
Our curriculum has been designed to give parents confidence in every aspect of their child’s experience with the full support of our passionate educators. We believe in educating children through their head, hands, and heart. Our indoor learning spaces are enhanced by natural components, open-ended resources, and loose parts that stimulate children’s creativity. We strategically place resources and materials to create an attractive and functional play area that fosters deeper levels of connection and involvement. Our children are encouraged to explore, question, and understand in our Creative Studio, Role Play area, and Sensory Studio.
At our nursery, the FS1 programme adopts a bespoke learning approach that integrates different philosophies and aligns with the Early Year’s Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework 2021. Our philosophy revolves around learning through play, and we promote effective teaching and learning by focusing on the following characteristics:
- Playing and exploring – children investigate and experience things and are encouraged to take risks.
- Active learning – children concentrate and persist when faced with challenges and enjoy their accomplishments.
- Creating and thinking critically – children develop their own ideas, make connections between concepts, and create strategies for solving problems.
Our enabling environments, both indoors and outdoors, encourage children to play actively and think critically, fostering the skills they need to become independent thinkers, problem solvers, and strong communicators. We offer both independent learning and teacher-led small group activities that encourage investigation, exploration, and discovery.
Our learning approaches adapt to each child’s uniqueness, with projects generated from their interests and incorporating elements of imagination. We also integrate skills into real-life scenarios to make learning more relevant and engaging.
Our curriculum supports playing and exploring, active learning, and creating and thinking critically. We believe in child-initiated learning, which enables children to take ownership of their learning. We also encourage children to question and challenge, which builds confidence and improves their learning. Engaging children at an early age with scientific, technological, engineering, and mathematical inquiry sparks their curiosity and potential for creativity. For this reason, all our focused activities are based on one or more of the 7 areas of learning and development:
- Communication skills – we allow plenty of time for children to have conversations together.
- Personal/social/emotional development – we ensure strong, warm, and supportive relationships with staff.
- Physical development – we provide materials and equipment that support physical development.
- Literacy – we provide enticing areas for sharing books alongside a wide range of stimulating equipment to encourage mark making.
- Mathematics – we develop a strong grounding in numbers by providing a variety of opportunities to build and understand.
- Understanding the world – we guide children to understand the world around them by building important knowledge.
- Expressive Arts and Design –
- Our children are given opportunities to explore colors, textures, and designs, and engage in singing songs, dancing, and making music.
- Expressive Arts and Design Curriculum help children represent and understand their own feelings and ideas while being imaginative, thereby enhancing their holistic well-being.
- We provide our children with a wide range of open-ended resources to develop their imagination and encourage flexible thinking.
- Our dedicated educators motivate children to take pride in their ideas and creations so that they want to share and explain their thinking.
- We explicitly model creative thinking and behavior through our Expressive Arts and Design Curriculum, along with our signature programs that integrate the curiosity approach.